Looking for an adventurous summer camp for your 10 – 16 year old?
We provide a Summer Camp with an outdoor adventure vibe they’ll never forget!
These residential Summer Holiday Activity Camps provide an amazing experience for your child to participate in an action packed week of outdoor activities. All the activities are based on or nearby our site at How Stean Gorge in the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. We are now taking bookings for our 2017 Summer Camps. We are hosting two this year for children aged between 10 and 16 years.
The five days cost £385 per person for accommodation and everything you’ll need.
- Sunday 7th – Friday 12th August
- Sunday 21st – Friday 26th August
Your child will be supervised 24 hours a day for duration of their visit and whilst on outdoor activities they will be guided by one of our highly qualified and trained instructors who will ensure they have an amazing time.
Adventure Activities Licensing Service
How Stean Gorge LLP hold an AALA license, which is part of the HSE department for work and pensions. ‘A licence indicates that the provider has been inspected by the Adventure Activities Licensing Service on behalf of the Adventure Activities Licensing Authority, with particular attention being paid to their safety management systems with young people, and has been able to demonstrate compliance with nationally accepted standards of good practice in the delivery of adventure activities to young people, with due regard to the benefits and risks of the activity.’ This license can be viewed here.
Summer Camp FAQs
- How much does it cost?
This is a five day package full of lots of adrenaline packed outdoor activities and costs £385 per person including food, accommodation, supervision and all the activities.
- What‘s included?
- 24 hour Supervision
- Briefings on All Outdoor Activities
- All Safety Equipment
- All Meals from Evening Meal on Sunday to Breakfast on Friday
- Gorge Walking / Ghyll Scrambling
- Via Ferrata – High Wire Course (1 of only 2 in England)
- Horizontal Caving
- Vertical Caving – As above but will include abseiling underground
- Open Canoeing – A scenic full day trip cruising along the Ripon Canal and River Ure
- Hill Walk Overnight Expedition – Setting off after dinner we will walk over the hills to Scar House Bunk Barn where we will stay for night.
- 4 nights in tented accommodation
- 1 night bunk house accommodation
- Friendly, Professional, Highly Qualified Instructors
- To find out more information about each activity please visit out Outdoor Activities page.
- How fit do I need to be?
You will need to have a basic fitness level to participate in this activity, as we class all these sessions at a beginner level.
- Why choose How Stean Gorge?
You will be safely cared for by our professional experienced instructors who use How Stean Gorge for outdoor activities on a daily basis. You may find cheaper products elsewhere but our location and facilities are second to none. No walking 600m up a hill or more before you start, as you are straight out of the changing rooms onto your activity – less travelling more action!How Stean Gorge is a spectacular limestone ravine carved out over thousands of years by waterflow and is the perfect location for outdoor activities like via ferrata, gorge walking, caving, rock climbing, canyoning and abseiling. It is geographically unique, as it’s one of the only places in the UK where you can comfortably enjoy both rocksports and canoeing – in a single day. It is also a Site of Special Scientific Interest in Nidderdale, An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty – why choose anywhere else?
- What is the minimum number of people I can book?
No minimum number to book, just make sure you book in advance.
- Where do we meet?
At How Stean Gorge – you’ll meet the instructors in the reception area. HG3 5SY